Today I’m going to share a quick sweet recipe that is made with only a few ingredients like semolina, sugar, nuts, milk and ghee.
I hope u all guessed it! Yes it’s Rava Ladoo, a popular traditional Maharashtrian sweet prepared almost in every household for all the festivals.Rava Ladoo is simple and easy to prepare but still exotic.
I have sweet childhood memories associated with these ladoos.My uncle used to make these little treat whenever I used to visit him.He would make a jar full of these ladoos and give it to me.Now whenever I make these ladoos, I remember my uncle and his amazingly delicious ladoos.I really love these beautiful childhood memories, that still make me smile.
Usually I make Rava Ladoo using sugar syrup but today I decided not to.The method today I used is fool proof and you can never go wrong.These ivory white, melt in mouth textured ladoos are made using sugar powder.
As I have used milk for binding, I suggest making and consuming it fresh.And if you want to have it later then keep refrigerated and use with in 2-3 days.
So here’s the recipe of easy and quick sweet Rava Ladoo,
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Cooking time- 10 minutes
- Semolina -2 cups
- Sugar -1 cup
- Ghee -1/4 cup
- Warm milk -1/4 cup
- Raisins – handful
- Cashews -few
- Cardamoms -2 nos, powdered
- Take a nonstick pan, add 1/2 the amount of ghee and roast cashews and raisins separately. Keep aside.
- In same nonstick pan, add rava and saute till it is evenly roasted. Switch off the flame when it turns little brown.(Note: never leave rava unattended while roasting)
- Take sugar in a mixer and grind it to fine powder.
- Take a wide bowl and mix in roasted rava, sugar powder, roasted dry fruits and remaining ghee.
- Mix it well so that sugar powder is combined evenly with rava.
- Next add milk little by little till ladoo mix come together so that you can shape it like a ball.
- Take a handful of it and shape in round ladoo form.
- Repeat the step 7 till you make all the ladoos.
- You can serve it as well as store it in refrigerator, in an air tight container and use later.
Roast cashews in ghee and set aside
Roast raisins in ghee and set aside
Now roast rava on low heat in the same pan, till it gives out a nice aroma
Switch off the flame when it turns brown in colour
Now in a wide bowl, mix in roasted rava, sugar powder, roasted dry fruits and remaining ghee
Mix it well so that sugar powder is combined evenly with rava
Next add milk little by little till ladoo mix come together
Now the ladoo mix is ready,take a handful of it and shape in round ladoo from, repeat this step till you make all the ladoos
You can serve it or store it in airtight containers, keep refrigerated
I hope you all are ready to try this easy and quick sweet Rava Ladoo.
Believe me, it can be a worth sweet to try in the last minute.So, when ever you get a sudden craving for sweets, don’t wait and try making this amazingly delicious treat.
Happy cooking 😃